What does it mean by Menopause Hormones?
Hormones work as messengers in our bodies. These balance and process all analytic functions. Sexual hormones are different in the female body. During the menopausal transition, hormonal imbalances occur. We can call those menopause hormones.
When does Menopause Hormones imbalance occur?
The female ovaries experience many changes in hormones’ levels with time. Those changes lead to two menstrual phases. The phases are-
Perimenopause- This period starts several years before menopause. It may begin at the age of 40 or 30 or even earlier. Estrogens become low now, but sometimes we examine the different levels also. The signs of this phase are-
- Irregular periods
- Night sweats
- Urine leakage
- Hot flashes
- Less sex demand
- Discomfort during sex
- Vaginal dryness
- Less energy
- Sleeping trouble
- Changing of mood
Why diagnose Menopause Hormones for perimenopause?
Any woman can notice the symptoms of perimenopause. But, diagnosis is necessary to know the right levels of hormones. In this case, doctors do several necessary blood tests.
Besides, sometimes females notice abnormal signs. Those signs include longer and massive periods, spots after sex, so on. So, everyone should consult a doctor in these situations.
Menopause- This natural phase comes between the ages of 40-50. The sex hormones become low, and when it occurs in every woman’s life. In general, menopause means not having a period for one year. The symptoms are the same as perimenopause. Some other signs are-
- Hair loss
- Sore breasts
- Sudden weight gain or loss
- Dry skin
- Need to pee more often, etc.
The changes and signs, even the ages, vary woman to woman.
Some other reasons for menopause are-
What are the names of Menopause Hormones?
Below are some vital menopause hormones-
- Sex steroid:
The other name of this is gonadal. The hormones here are androgens, estrogens, and progestogens. Again, we know these as sex hormones. They create imbalance during menopause in the female body.
Estrogen is a natural and primary sex hormone of females. There are three natural forms of it. Those are- estrone (E1), estradiol (E2), and estriol (E3). These hormones keep the female reproductive organs healthy and balance growth. Again, the vagina gets moisture, good blood supply with the help of estrogen. During perimenopause, its’ level becomes low. But, the way is irregular.
- Testosterone: It is a man’s hormone but important to women also. In the 20s, it remains at its’ high level. Afterward, it starts to become low and in mid-age becomes half.
- Progesterone: The lack of this sex hormone affects menstrual periods. This helps to fertilize eggs and get pregnant. But, changes in it causes irregular bleeding in midlife years.
- Luteinizing Hormone: This is a crucial menopause hormone. It helps to free eggs from the ovary. Again, LH regulates testosterone and other hormones. So, the lack of it with age can cause infertility.
- Follicle-stimulating hormone: It performs the same functions as LH. The hormone controls the menstrual cycle and growth of eggs.
Are there any risks in Postmenpause due to changes of Menopause Hormones?
We know that the years after menopause are postmenopause. The signs include headaches, hot flashes, etc. may disappear. In contrast, there are some health risks due to the loss of estrogen and other hormones. Some diseases related to this are-
- Sexual problem- Due to fewer estrogen, vaginas lose moisture and elasticity. So, during intercourse, women feel pain with a dry vagina. Besides, they can’t enjoy, and even bleeding occurs. But, nowadays there are many creams available in markets and treatments also.
- Heart diseases- Heart-related problems increase because of less estrogen. Heart diseases are a common problem for both men and women nowadays.
So, after menopause, women should take care of their food habits and exercise.
- Urine problems- Declines in estrogen may cause this problem. It affects women’s pelvic area organs and tissues. Sometimes, they lose the ability to control urination. Women feel to urinate more frequently.
- Bone problems- Ladies’ density of bone starts to decrease in the postmenopause periods. They can experience bone diseases in the first few years. Bones become weak and fragile. Besides, the spine, hips, and wrists remain at risk of fractures. Low levels of hormones may lead to osteoporosis.
- Excess wrinkles- From these days, females start to get wrinkles more. Oil production slows down, and skins get dryer. Hormonal changes are responsible for this.
- Vision problem- Some ladies may get small spots in the retina. Due to that, they experience cloudy vision. Again, some other eye sickness may occur.
- Less muscle power- The production of menopause hormones becomes low during postmenopause. It lessens the strength and efficiency of muscles. Because of this, middle-age women suffer in their daily life.
- Weight gain- Sudden weight gain is another problem in these periods. Hips, abdomen, thighs get excess fat due to changes of menopause hormones. In contrast, age and genetic things are also responsible.
What are the Best Exercises and foods during changes of Menopause Hormones?
There are various medicines, hormone treatments available today. But, exercise is a must thing to do during menopausal periods. Again, women should follow a diet chart to lead a healthy life.
When a woman enters menopause, she should remember below things before start exercises-
- Exercises that increase the stability of the body are essential.
- Women should balance their moves during exercise.
- They should ensure their body’s flexibility.
- They must remain to relax; there is no hurry to perform any move.
Besides they should stay positive, do house works and creative things. Some useful and simple ways to exercise are-
When menopause hormones start to change, women need a particular diet chart. Some foods that are necessary for a middle-age woman are-
- Dairy foods
- Fresh leafy greens
- Chicken and fish
- Healthy fats
- Green tea
Some foods are must skip in these times. Five of such foods are-
- Salty foods
- Foods with excess sugar
- Spicy foods
- Too much caffeine
Rumana Rashid Priyanka