What is Natural Progesterone?
The human body produces many natural hormones. Natural progesterone is one of such natural hormones of our body. It remains both in men and women. But, nowadays, scientists make this hormone in laboratories.
What are the Functions of Natural Progesterone?
Progesterone is a sex hormone. It performs many functions in our body. Some of them are-
- The hormone’s levels go ups and downs with menstrual periods of women. Again, the levels contribute to notice menstrual symptoms.
- It helps to thick the lining of the uterus, fertilizes the eggs. Thus the uterus becomes ready for pregnancy.
- If the muscles of the uterus are tight, women’s bodies reject the eggs. Progesterone prevents the contractions of muscles.
- The hormone also prevents ovulation of another egg.
- In a male body, this hormone balances the effects of estrogen. The adrenal glands and testes make progesterone in the male’s body.
- People also use the lab-made progesterone to get the same results.
What are the Symptoms of low Natural Progesterone Level?
The hormones become low with age in the human body. Menopause hormones play a vital role in balancing women’s bodies for their general health. Low levels of progesterone have many adverse effects, such as-
- Irregular periods
- Missed or delay periods
- Low sex demand
- Crumping during periods and pregnancy
- Sudden weight gain
What are Natural Progesterone Foods?
No food contains progesterone in actual. But some foods can help the body to increase the production of it. Foods enrich in magnesium, zinc, and vitamin B-6 are useful to balance hormone levels. Some foods to raise progesterone level include-
- Kidney bean
- Brussels sprouts
- Lean red meat
- Whole grains
What is lab-made Natural Progesterone?
We call the lab-made natural progesterone as ‘Progestin.’ It has all quality of progesterone hormone. Pharmacists use wild yam and soy to make diosgenin. After that, pharmacists convert it into progestin in the laboratory. This progesterone has the same bioidentical benefits as a woman’s body shapes. But, there are some others available in the market which are not so useful.
What are Natural progesterone Products and their Benefits?
Nowadays, many hormonal tests are available to know the levels and problems. When menopausal hormones start to become low doctors, prescribe these products to women. Those products contain various benefits.
Five popular products in the market and their benefits are-
- Pills: People sometimes like to take progesterone by mouth. The dosage depends on age, symptoms, chemistry of the body. But human lever breaks pills very fast. So, fewer pills finally remain in the blood. Some benefits are-
- Period related complexity
- Loss of bone density
- Growth of the lining of the uterus
- Memory loss
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Cream: It is a part of hormone replacement therapy—natural plants’ progesterone help to make these types of creams—for example, soybeans and yam. Human skin absorbs these creams quickly. Benefits of cream are-
- Hot flashes
- Tender breasts
- Vaginal and skin dryness
- Mood and sleep-related problems
Doctors sometimes prescribe progesterone injections to the women. The uses are-
- Correct the abnormal periodical cycle
- The problem of uterine bleeding
Vaginal progesterone gels are popular. The applications are-
The gel gives moisture to the vagina.
- It reduces the birth of the premature baby.
This is also for the vagina. The uses are almost like gels include-
- Prevention of delivery of premature babies
- Abortion-related problems
Is it safe to use Natural Progesterone Products?
The modern medical system and inventions are fantastic for any disease treatment. But, still today, there are some limitations and threats. When any patient shows interest in therapy for hormones, they must study well. They should not forget to consult with a doctor before using any product. The side effects of natural progesterone products are-
- Skin allergies
- Stomach problems
- Breast tenderness
- Blurry vision
- Sudden weight gain etc.
Who must avoid Natural Progesterone?
There are many patients with different problems around us. Without tests and prescriptions from doctors, no one should use progesterone. People with below diseases should avoid it-
- Severe allergic problems
- Major depression
- Liver disease
- Arterial disease
- Unknown vaginal bleeding
Natural progesterone may also raise some risks—for example- heart problems, breast cancer, stroke, etc.
Do Changes in Lifestyle matter to raise the Natural Progesterone level?
There are many natural ways to increase natural progesterone levels in the body. Everybody should follow a healthy lifestyle for that. Some necessary and natural regulations to maintain are-
Healthy Diet Chart:
Healthy foods are necessary for people of all ages. We can easily find foods rich in minerals and nutrients. Again, these foods are not costly. These help to grow natural progesterone and balance our hormones.
Regular physical exercises are to maintain sound health. It helps for proper blood circulation and increase progesterone level naturally. But, we have to keep in mind that over-exercise is not good at all. It can release stress hormones that have adverse effects.
Some studies say that this process may reduce pregnancy losses. Before getting pregnant, women can consult their doctors about this method. They may then apply it to balance hormones.
Healthy Body Weight:
Excess body fats occur hormonal imbalances in our body. Again, it prevents raising the natural progesterone level. In opposite, it may produce extra estrogen too. So, everyone should maintain a bodyweight according to their age and height.
Relaxing is essential to balance hormonal levels. Tensions, stresses, depressions are not ethical, especially for female hormones. We can do yoga, meditation to stay stress-free. Besides, entertainments, leisure times, cares of the family are equally important things.
Besides, there are some bad habits we can avoid to boost our hormones. Those are-
- Drinking excess alcohol
- Drinking excess coffee and tea
- Late night work
- Use plastic containers for food, beverage, and drinks.
- Eat processed foods, etc.
Rumana Rashid Priyanka