What is Female Hormone Estrogen?
The female hormone estrogen is one of the essential menopause hormones. Again, this sex hormone is also available in the male body. But, the female body produces more estrogen than males. Alongside natural progesterone, this hormone plays a vital role in the human body. It helps to show sexual characteristics and balances our reproductive system.
What are the Functions of Female Hormone Estrogen?
Estrogen has many effects on the female body. It helps them in their sexual development. Some essential functions of it are-
- It helps in the growth of breasts and pubic hair.
- Estrogen regulates the periodical cycle.
- This hormone helps to fertilize eggs in the ovaries.
- Women get pregnant with the help of it.
- The hormone supports to maintain good bone density.
- Estrogen maintains the wall thickness of the vagina.
- Glucose and cholesterol metabolism depend on it.
How many types of Female Hormone Estrogen are there?
There are three main types of estrogen, those are-
- Estrone- This is one of the menopause hormones. But, it is postmenopausal and a weak hormone. It comes from the ovaries. The body transforms estrogen into any other form of estrogen quickly.
- Estradiol- This helps to develop female sex characteristics. The examples are skin changes, body shape, breasts’ growth, and so on. It is necessary to maintain the eggs inside the ovaries. Estradiol rises during pregnancy and declines after menopause.
- Estriol- Its level goes up during pregnancy. The organ placenta produces it. Estriol helps to know the health of the mother and unborn baby. Again, doctors use it in medication include menopausal hormone therapy.
What are the reasons due to the low level of Female Hormone Estrogen?
Balance in hormones is essential. Again, the levels of hormones vary from woman to woman. Generally, ovaries produce estrogen. There are different reasons behind the low levels of this female hormone. But, if an ovary is not healthy, it may affect estrogens’ levels. Some reasons are-
- With growing age, estrogen starts to become less.
- After menopause, the hormone level goes down.
- Diet problem matters; for instance, anorexia can cause less estrogen.
- Genetic reason
- Overweight and underweight
- Problems in the pituitary gland
- Kidney diseases
What are the Effects of the low level of Female Hormone Estrogens?
For females, estrogen is an essential hormone. Low levels of it can cause various disorders in the body. During menopause, the effects are noticeable. Everybody should remain concerned about this fact. Common health issues are-
- Irregular periods or absent period
- Painful intercourse
- Hot flashes
- Cramping during periods
- Breast tenderness
- Weight problem
- Weak Bones
- Night sweats
- Mood swings
- Memory loss problem
- Concentrating problem
- Urinary tract infection
Which Foods are a Good Source of Female Hormone Estrogen?
Some foods around us help to increase the estrogen. Regular intakes of these foods can help the ladies.
Fresh vegetables are good for health as well as sexual health. Some examples- cabbage, cauliflower, yam, broccoli, brussels sprouts, carrots, alfalfa sprouts, kale, celery.
Soybean products are suitable to raise the level of estrogen. Tempeh, miso soup, tofu, soy yogurt are rich sources of phytoestrogen.
Women should eat sesame seeds and oils; these are not expensive. Again, flax seeds are excellent sources of phytoestrogen.
Females should add some nuts to their diet charts. Olives, berries, apricots, oranges, peaches, dried fruits are popular among those.
Herbs maintain our hormonal balance very well. Garlic, turmeric, sage, thyme are suitable for hormonal levels.
We all know the necessity of vitamins in our body. To grow estrogen levels, they play a vital role. Vitamin-D, vitamin-B, Boron, and other multivitamins are essential for females. Besides, nuts, red-wines, whole grains are also suitable for menopause hormones.
Herbal Supplements for treatment of Female Hormone Estrogen
Many women believe in and intake herbal supplements to balance their estrogen levels. For menopausal problems, herbal products are excellent. But, there are also some safety issues of health. So, anybody should consult with doctors before eating or using those. Eight popular supplements are-
- Red clover
- Chaste-tree berry
- Dong Quai
- Black cohosh
- Licorice and
- Evening primrose
Natural Ways and Rules to Balance Female Hormone Estrogen
Sometimes, taking the right foods and supplements is not enough. There are some other techniques and rules to follow to boost our hormones. Some facts to concern about are-
Quit bad habits-
With growing age, we all should bring change in our lifestyle. Our bodies can’t fight with the bad habits of us in those periods of life. We should avoid some matters include-
- Late-night working habit
- Drinking excess alcohol, tea, and coffee
- High-fat foods, junk, and spicy foods
Females must learn to manage stresses with age. Older people’s brains and bodies can’t handle extra pressure and get panic. Thus, hormonal imbalances occur.
Regular and proper exercise-
Walking and doing regular exercise is a must. It helps to maintain the estrogen level. Women in their middle age should not skip daily use.
Middle-aged people need enough sleep. Again, sleeping habit affects our hormonal levels. So, we should follow a fixed sleep schedule.
Bodyweight plays a vital role in adjusting the estrogen level. Middle-aged women should maintain weight according to their age and height.
Besides, natural techniques, there are also some modern techniques. Nowadays, doctors prescribe many medications, hormone replacement therapy, etc.
Is there any Risk of a High level of Female Hormone Estrogen?
The abnormal level of estrogen hormone is awful for health. A high excess concentration can cause some common trouble as the low level does. Some female-health problems due to the high level of estrogen are-
- Less demand for sex
- Hair loss
- Memory loss problem
- Blood clots and stroke
- Tenderness and swelling in breasts
- Excess anxiety
- Menstruation problem
- Sleeping difficulties
- Icy feet and hands
- Thyroid dysfunctions
- Fibrocystic lumps or tumor in breasts
- Panic attacks
- Mood swings
- Sudden weight changes problem
Rumana Rashid Priyanka