Have you tried a lot of recipes with the pumpkin? Now want to surprise your dear and near one with something different using the pumpkin? After all, who is not obsessed with all thing’s pumpkins right about now?
For any special occasion such as Halloween, Thanksgiving ceremony or birthday, the food that value much is cake. It is lovable to all ages of people for the taste and looks.
So, if you can make this cake with pumpkin adding spice to this, this will turn your cake into a special one. Yes, I am talking about pumpkin spice cake.
Why should you make a pumpkin spice cake?
There are a couple of reasons why this recipe is one that you have to make. The cake comes out moist with rich pumpkin flavor and warm spice you will not forget once you have it. Moreover, pumpkin is super healthy with vitamin A which is helpful for your eyes as well as skin.
So, thinking about the above matters, here I am going to share the four easy ways to make pumpkin spice cakes. For those who are trying for weight loss, I have also shared pumpkin spice cake keto.
What is pumpkin spice cake?
Pumpkin spice cake comes with unique pumpkin spice. It is one kind of seasoning, which is only the mixture of some warm spices. This American spice is a blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Besides, a blend of ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and sometimes allspice also make pumpkin spice. This spice is almost like the British and Commonwealth mixed spice.
Thus, the main target of this spice is flavoring your pumpkin cake and making it unique to the other cakes.
Four easy ways to make pumpkin spice cake:
There are many types of pumpkin spice cakes according to the taste and choice of people. It depends on what kind of cake you prefer to make with pumpkin spice. It can be butter frost cake or chocolate pumpkin cake, or it can be maple frosting or latte cake. But what you need to make your pie unique are some pumpkin pastes and spice.
Without wasting time, have a look at so many different types of pumpkin spice cakes with easy recipes.
1.Quick and natural pumpkin spice cake:
This recipe is quite easy to make for those who want to surprise others within a short time.
- Butter: 115g
- Plain flour: 2 and a half cups
- Sugar: 1 and a half cup
- Pumpkin puree:425g
- Egg: 2 big size
- Salt: half teaspoon.
- Baking soda: 2 teaspoons.
- Pumpkin spice: 1 tablespoon.
These ingredients are for making 9 inches cake.
How to make:
- First of all, puree your pumpkin.
- Take a bowl and beat butter, sugar for some time until smooth.
- Add in egg and beat until color change then adds the pumpkin puree and beat.
- Its time to mix all dry ingredients as- flour, baking soda, salt, and the pumpkin spice.
- Make sure to add flour in part for the better combination.
- Mix all items until combined.
- Take cake pan and brush or spray it well with butter or oil.
- Finally, pour the mixture and bake it at 160 degrees Celsius.
As all the ovens are not the same in temperature, make sure to cook it until a skewer comes out clean.
2.Pumpkin spice cake with buttercream frosting:
This one is special and fills your tongue with more taste and flavor. The twist is buttercream frosting. Do you want to know how to make it more delicious? Have a look.
Buttercream frosting is sweet and creamy. You never believe how much incredible fall flavor you will get out of every single bite. You are going to love this moist and satisfying seasonal treat. This recipe of pumpkin cake with buttercream frosting gives you a different flavor.
For the cake:
- All-purpose flour:2 cup
- Sugar: 1 ½ cup
- Pumpkin puree: 2 cups
- Salt: half teaspoon.
- Oil or butter: Half cup
- Pumpkin spice:1 ½ tsp.
For butter frosting:
This recipe is for around 16 inches of cake. You can customize the amount according to the size of the cake. This frosting is a more natural way to make.
- Butter: 225 g
- Icing sugar: 400 mg
- Vanilla essence: Half teaspoon.
How to make pumpkin spice cake with butter frosting?
- For making the cake beat all the wet ingredients together until smooth.
- Then add in all the dry ingredients.
- Add flour in portion for better mixing.
- Pour the batter on the baking bowl and bake according to the instruction of your oven.
- Make sure to bake until a knife or toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- After baking, let it rest for some time.
In the meantime, prepare your butter frosting. Its very time consuming and easy to make. You need only three ingredients, as I mentioned earlier.
- Beat the butter until it becomes lighter in color.
- Then, add a little bit of sugar at a time and mix.
- Start to beat from low speed to high speed. You will notice the creamy texture of the butter.
- Next, add vanilla essence to give it vanilla flavor.
- You can add a little bit of heavy cream or milk to adjust the consistency of the frosting.
- , In the end, beat on high speed for a few minutes. You will notice the exact texture of your butter frosting.
Enjoy the frosting through applying it on your cake according to your choice. Even, you can also use it with any kind of baking items.
3.Pumpkin spice cake with cream cheese frosting:
If you want to enjoy your Pumpkin spice cake with cream cheese feeling, you need not take trouble much. Instead of buttercream, you need to make cream cheese to give cheesy filling to your cake.
Moist pumpkin spice cake needs this super cream cheese topping. This easy fall dessert is effortless to make for any occasion. Such as- Thanksgiving and Halloween.
How to make cream cheese frosting for pumpkin spice cake?
For making this frosting, you will need extra cream cheese. Let’s jump into the details-
- Butter: 4 tablespoons salted
- Icing sugar: 2 cups
- Cream cheese: 8 ounces
- Vanilla essence: ½ teaspoon
Tips to make it:
- As you know, you need to beat the butter for one and a half minutes for proper mixing.
- The butter needs to be soft before beating.
- Then, add the cream cheese with the butter and mix well until it becomes white in color and fluffy.
- Mix the icing sour in 4 portions and vanilla essence.
- Keep it in a regular freezer for 10 minutes, then apply it to your cake or between the cake.
4.pumpkin spice cake keto/low-fat recipe:
Are you conscious about your health very much? Are you in a keto diet? Don’t want to lose your fitness in eating pumpkin spice cake?
You need not drop your desire for cake anymore. Now you can enjoy your favorite cake without any fear. Here I have to present you with such a recipe that will not harm your health. Try this out. This low-fat recipe is straightforward and easy to make.
- Flour: 1 cup
- Baking powder: Half teaspoon(gluten-free)
- Pumpkin puree: Half cup (Make sure to use pure pumpkin paste without any artificial sweet)
- Butter: 2 tablespoons
- Granulated sugar: ¼ cup. You can also use powdered erythritol or Stevia Glycerite (liquid sweetener) instead.
- Salt: a little bit. (Diamond Crystal kosher salt)
- Vanilla extract: Half tsp
- Pumpkin spice: Half teaspoon
How to make:
- Mix all the wet ingredients in a bowl with a whisker or hand mixer.
- Then add all dry ingredients together and mix them with a spatula until well combined and smooth.
- Transfer the batter to the greased pan for baking.
Bake it in the correct way following the instruction of your oven for 30-35 minutes. The ideal temperature is 180 degrees for electric oven and 350 degrees for micro-oven.
Let it rest on the pan for 30 minutes before serving.
To sum up, we can say now you know well how to make different types of pumpkin spice cake. Nowadays, it is accessible and ideal for presenting on all occasions.
The thing that makes it famous among the people, only the pumpkin. It not only increases the taste of your cake but also makes your cake soft and foamy.
Not only that, but you can also make so many different items through this pumpkin. As- pumpkin doughnut, pumpkin muffin cake, or pumpkin chocolate chips cake, and so on. So, enjoy your favorite dishes with the pumpkin.